I found this nice little video hidden on Youtube. Some of fellow tea enthusiasts may have already viewed it, but if you haven’t then, its simply great. It showcases Makaibari Tea Estate and the only existing “Darjeeling Tea Rajah”, Mr. Rajah Banerjee, who has kept the tradition alive as it was in the British era. He still rides his horse when inspecting tea work in the fields and not to forget the old British outfit which fascinates a first timer. I am sort of used to seeing him so called ‘old fashioned’ hehe!http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6m979
Rajah Banerjee & Darjeeling Makaibari Tea Video
Welcome to my personal space on the web. Hi! This is Benoy, a guy who resides among the Himalayan hills of Darjeeling. This is a personal blog where I update everything personal - from my wake up time to the time I fall dead on the bed. I love Darjeeling Tea and photography - Though an amateur photographer with zero knowledge of the technicalities involved, I like the idea of capturing the angle which best portrays to my eyes. Enjoy your stay here! +Benoy Thapa
- Fire in Darjeeling April 19, 2012
- Darjeeling Silver Lining February 17, 2012
- A Misty Ride to a nearby Darjeeling village February 15, 2012
- Some Tea with Darjeeling Capitol Clock Tower smiling | Photo post February 5, 2012
- Fort Aguada, Goa, Sunset – lovely | Photo January 29, 2012
- admin: Thank you for your comment! Have a Nice day!...
- mobil elf: Nice article, thanks for the information....
- admin: Thank you Sophie for your comment! And thank you f...
- Sophie: Hi everybody ! what Benoy explains here regarding...
- peter: We just recommended this to one of our readers. He...
Join Thunderbolt Tea on Facebook
Follow @darjeelingtea on Twitter